Friday, September 30, 2011

Soundhound is AMAZING! Ultimate Expression of Mobility

As we live our mobile lives, work, play, home life appear to intertwine themselves ever more. I notice myself wanting to reach different information at the whim of the moment, and my iPhone always seems to be ready to serve.

Today's AHA experience was with SoundHound, an app on my iPhone. I was shopping at Trade Joe's (more on that on a separate post) where I heard a song being played in the store. It was one of those tunes that I had listened to on the radio countless times but had not been able to catch the name. It also seemed from a long time ago that it just was not being played on the radio often anymore.

There was a lot of chatter, with Moms shouting at kids, grand mothers chosing picking cans etc. I simply pointed my IPhone to the ceiling speaker and activated Soundhound. Within 6-7 second, I had the name.

I pressed the Download from ITunes logo. Within 20 seconds, connected over the free ATT Wi-Fi from Starbucks near the parking lot, I had my song for a mere $1.29.

This is the ultimate expression of MOBILITY. Not just the fact that I am mobile, but that I did something on the spot, that would have been a considered magic just a few years ago.


In case you are curious of what song deserved so much commotion, it is Voices Carry by 'Til Tuesday

No comments: